Mindy went to Ulta to pick up some foundation and concealer. She came out of the store with almost $200 in products which were recommended to her - all of which I suggested she return.
As I began to apply the foundation they picked out, I immediately realized it was both 1. too chalky of coverage and 2. the wrong color. The foundation you choose needs to blend almost the moment it touches your skin.
My backup plan is always to use my nifty tinted moisturizer by Almay. It provides pretty low-coverage, but it does a pretty good job of blending on most medium-toned skins.
I used a "wrinkle therapy" concealer by Physician's formula for her eye area, then powder by bareMinerals.
It turned out that the powder she usually uses was slightly on the dark side, which makes it perfect for use as a bronzer. Sweep a darker powder like that in your cheekbones and a little on your forehead and you'll give the illusion of looking one shade darker.
Next, I filled in her brows with my universal brow powder - NYX's eyebrow cake powder. I haven't met anyone that this powder doesn't work on. I think it's around $6.00 at Ulta. I found her natural arch, which is really quite beautiful, then cleaned it up with tweazers.
A pop of blush on her cheekbones. Eyeshadow in the creases of her eyes and around the lash line. I used "black coffee" eyeliner to line her eyes. 1.5 - 2x's thicker on top than on the bottom. Mascara, which she already had. Lipstick... Ta da!

Natalie, you are the best! Thank you for pampering me today. I love the post you wrote, too. Very fun and zippy!
ReplyDeleteI love you Mindy Chiou :)
ReplyDelete