My friend Mindy wanted to give her friend Jill a makeover. Mindy organized a clothing drive and found a fashionista to coordinate all the outfits for Jill. She asked if I would contribute doing her makeup.
When I met Jill I knew we couldn't make her look much prettier than she already is naturally. She has such nice dark features, she's one of "those" who can actually get away with no makeup and still look awake :)
However, after we got started, I realized that sometimes we as women don't just put makeup on to look prettier, but to look "put together." It isn't always about beauty, sometimes it really is as simple as wanting to look the part of being a woman in your thirties who has their act together. Jill is an intelligent professional who wants to attract a man to date who is intelligent and hard-working.
After a night of chatting with friends, eating yummy snacks, and making daring moves, I present to you Jill:
Some photos of the journey:
By the way, we weren't planning to cut her hair. The hair chop was the product of girls chatting in a kitchen and feeling daring. We had a great time.
![]() |
| The first chop. |
Photo credit Merrily Roberts Photography.





Natalie, you did such a beautiful job and are so much fun!! I love your written description of this kind of makeover--hard to improve on nature but nice to look more "put together". Thank you so much!! -Mindy
ReplyDelete