Doing Jaclyn's bridal trial was fun because of the atmosphere. Many of her family were in town because the wedding is in a couple of days. In her family's home I found sweet children playing and happy family members making comments like "Ooooh Jaclyn, do you feel like a movie star?" and, "Wow, Jaclyn looks really good." One of nephews (Clarkie man I think?) told her that she was doing a good job and that she would get a treat when she was finished...
A loving atmosphere adds such a fun aspect to doing someone's makeup. Most men usually hide in another room when I am doing someone's makeup, so it was fun to have her dad, fiance, and brother-in-law present when I did the trial. I think a lot of men are pretty amazed at what kinds of oddities we as women put ourselves through.
Jaclyn went down to Balboa park to take bridal photos after we did this makeup. If I get my hands on one of those professional pictures, I will update this post :)
Jaclyn is more of a minimalist when it comes to makeup. This was the most makeup she had ever worn. We did a natural eye (dark brown in the crease.) She did not want to wear lipstick at all, so we compromised by doing a light pink with gloss. I think she is going to make a beautiful bride this Saturday.

No comments:
Post a Comment