Jaclyn was a very pleasant, lovely bride to work with. The morning of the wedding the Sheffield home had a calm and kind atmosphere. We had a former sandwich artist making sandwiches for anyone that was hungry, sisters curling hair, children semi-dressed, and a mother of the bride that was sweet even though she was as busy as a bee.
I had the opportunity to do Jaclyn's makeup, along with her mother and two sisters. The lucky thing is that the Sheffields have a pretty high-quality camera, so we were able to capture some of the makeup a little more high-definition. (You'll be able to tell which photos I took with my camera...)
 |
| Jaclyn: We decided to place a lot of emphasis on her eyes. She wanted them on the dramatic side but still looking pretty natural. We used browns, peaches, and gold tones. |
 |
| Mother of the bride, Sandy Sheffield: She wanted something a little more dramatic and colorful since her dress was going to be beige. Doing her makeup was fun because she seemed willing to take chances. Scroll to the bottom of this post for a step by step on her makeup look. |
After I did Jaclyn's makeup I did her sister Kristie's makeup:
 |
I did a thicker, smudgier line on Kristy, which really gave her eye a beautiful and mature look. I had to re "pop" her blush with something a little more bright at the end, I feel like the blush really tied it all together.
|
Next I did her sister Kara's eye makeup.
 |
| I did Kara's eye makeup only. She wanted a light smoky eye. I did a peachy brown smoky eye with liquidliner on top, crayon liner on bottom and powder on the brows. |
Step by Step on Sandy Sheffield's look:
 |
| Add foundation and concealer to a clean face. |
 |
| Powder to set the foundation. This step is important because it helps ensure that the bronzer and blush go on smoothly. |
 |
| Bronzer powder. |
 |
| Light blush concentrated in apples and then up cheeks. |
 |
| Yes, I know she is already beautiful in this photo and we could stop here for an every-day look. Here I am applying brow powder using an angled brow brush. |
 |
| Low-shimmer shadows. |
 |
| Crayon liner applied with a small brush. |
 |
| A little liner on the bottom too. |

|
I ended up using two different colors. The first (pictured) was a little too bright alone, so I added a soft pink gloss to tone it down.
 |
| And there you have a beautiful Mother of the bride :) |
|
 |
| The sweet couple dancing - Photo courtesy of facebook. |
You made us all into beauties!! Thanks so much, Natalie. You did an awesome job! :)
ReplyDeleteI love that our front door is open!! Come on in! :)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful job Nat! Everyone looks gorgeous and I love the step by step guide, thanks!
ReplyDelete