Sunday, January 15, 2012

Emily's Wedding Continued...

Emily's photographer, Shelley McMakin posted a few photos of me doing Emily's makeup. The whole experience was really fun. Doing Emily's makeup, for me, is just about the easiest thing in the world for a couple of reasons. 1) I know her face well, her cheekbones even feel like mine. 2) Her face is close to flawless.

Whenever I do people's makeup, I like to get a feel for what their bone structure is and what their best features to emphasize are. Usually I like to emphasize the eyes, but some people have gorgeous lips or cheekbones that need to be highlighted even more.

I remember reading a long time ago that when you do wedding makeup, a balanced look is best, so that is what I tried to do with Emily and the bridesmaids. Since Anna had gorgeous, full lips, I decided to quickly put on some red lipstick just for the "after" shot, but she ended up taking it off right after that and opted for something a bit more natural.


Inner-lid eyelining creates a more full lash. Use Stila's pencil liner. It won't smudge or go anywhere it shouldn't.

I first outlined her eyes in a pencil liner, then went over that with a liquid liner, extending her lash line slightly further.

No comments:

Post a Comment